Built by Scottish stonemasons in 1864 this unique cottage has a captivating ambience of simplicity, history and romance. Secluded and peaceful for couples, or use the adjoining shearers quarters and bring family and friends, with endless space for children to play. The cottage is framed by 600 year old river red gums and at night the stars are so bright they look like fairy lights.
Stoneycroft cottage sleeps 6 guests in 2 generous bedrooms and the accommodation enjoys a large sitting room with a huge open fire, a modern bathroom where you can view the countryside from the shower and a kitchen with the ambience of the past but all the utilities of today .
THE SHEARERS QUARTERS
About 15 metres from Stoneycroft Cottage, the Shearers Quarters provide 5 extra bedrooms (sleeping 10) for family reunions and groups. There are 2 double bedrooms, 3 twins bedrooms and the room right beside it on the left is a bathroom with shower toilet and vanity unit. All bedrooms are heated and carpeted with entry from the verandah. These rooms are only let in conjunction with Stoneycroft cottage as an overflow, sleeping up to a total of 16 if required including the cottage.
MOUNTAIN DUCK COTTAGE
This classy cottage has 4 sunny bedrooms (sleeping 8) with lovely country views. A north facing verandah is a favourite spot for breakfast, enjoying visits from the enchanting blue wrens. The open plan kitchen ( totally renovated) has all European appliances and a large fridge while the sitting room has a light, relaxed feeling with a cosy wood fire. This cottage also has a reverse cycle air-conditioner. The bathroom has a shower over the bath with a separate toilet, laundry and back Verandah with outdoor table, chairs and a BBQ.
FACILITIES & CONDITIONS
Both Cottages come complete with:
- Wine and chocolates
- Wood fire (wood supplied)
- All bedding, linen and towels (Sheridan) and Electric blankets
- Fans and Reverse cycle air conditioner in Mountain Duck Cottage
- Electric heating, Entertainment system – colour television, CD / stereo unit,
- ipod dock and DVD player with random selection of DVDs
- Very well equipped kitchens, including all crockery, utensils, coffee plunger and more
- Radio alarm clock and hairdryer
- Laundry facilities, including washing machine, dryer, iron & ironing board in Mountain Duck Cottage
- Gas BBQ facilities and outdoor furniture
- Cleaning equipment, most other household requisites and Dishwashers at both cottages
- Undercover parking